Vicky Hipwell

Welcome to my Blog, i will be writing about my Self Directed Project at Art University College Bournemouth. I am studying BA (Hons) Costume with Performance Design in the second year.

Friday 23 April 2010

Midway Reflection

Midway Point Reflection

Through out the workshops i have tried my best and tried to learn as much as i can, sometimes i feel that my work isn't up to the standard i would probably would have been able to achieve if i was creating a garment how i have been previously been taught. But if i look at life/costume construction that way i will never learn anything new, so i am happy i am learning a new skill. To think there are only 6 people in the 2nd year that know how to construct a ballet costume it is rare to have this skill which i do not think i would have had another opportunity to do before 3rd year or the industry.

As we have a workshop every week, i find that really good for time management as we all know what we have to have done by each workshop. I do find that i have good time management and if i was following another brief i still think i would be able to cope.

I'm really enjoying SDP, i find there is a right amount of freedom that we have, because before we have had registers and workshops everyday it sometimes gets too much. So when I'm ready to work i will come in and work because i am ready and not because i am told to. I find this motivating because i can work straight for days and if i am feeling tiered or i have something to do/get i can without worrying about missing out on anything.
I like that i can choose to come in or work at home, because sometimes i believe i can do some work at home and feel better about it.

This project will help me alot in the 3rd year as i will understand what i will have to do by myself, and how it will work, i think it is a great introduction to EMP in the 3rd year. It will help in my time management, and self planning. As i will be bale to compare how long something has taken in this project and will be able to balance my time well in the 3rd year.

SDP will also help me for the industry as it iwll make my independent learning and my deccision making stronger, as sometimes i feel like i need to check that i am doing something right, when i know i should have more confidence, and keep refering back to my notes or do some mroe research.

No comments:

Post a Comment