Vicky Hipwell

Welcome to my Blog, i will be writing about my Self Directed Project at Art University College Bournemouth. I am studying BA (Hons) Costume with Performance Design in the second year.

Saturday 8 May 2010

Fitting Technical Side

Fitting

Overall the fitting went really well, i was really pleased with how my costume fit my dancer. I asked my dancer to get changed behind a curtain and to put the tutu on, and i would do the bodice up. Unfortunately as the tutu and bodice looked securely attacked, she pulled it up by the bodice so the swing catches all ripped and the bodice came off the tutu. This effected the sit of the bodice in relation to the tutu. I took the bodice off, re pinned the CF to the CF of the basque so they sat properly.

The knickers and the basque fit really well which i was really pleased about. The bodice fit well, but to make it more like a "second skin" i took a few of the seams in



When i put the plate on i didn't attach it when it was on a mannequin, this was a mistake, i thought as i had drafted it already, if i lined the CB and CF up it would automatically sit right. This wasn't the case. The CBs hadn't fallen right in relation the the circumference and the placement of the plate around the waist.
I will be taking the plate off and re placing it on the stand. Hopefully that will help with how it sit.



I took in either sides about half an inch at the front:


I also took the back in about 2 8ths of an inch either side, up the diagonal safety pin:


The shoulder straps looked fine but I re marked the seams. I asked her to raise her arms, and the shoulder straps felt tight she said, so i slightly make it looser by 1 8th of an inch both shoulder.
Arm hole i made slightly wider by 1 8th of an inch on the back. The front i left.
Both pictures after alterations:

No comments:

Post a Comment